How to add hello bar to your WordPress website?
How to add hello bar to your WordPress website? You can add hello bar by placing code in theme template files or by using their WordPress plugin. Here I’ll show you in both methods. First of all creating an account then, setting up hello bar with email newsletter services like aweber or mailchimp. Then adding that code into your website theme template files.
First of all I’ll start with registering an account at hellobar.com. Hello bar is free service that will help you to get more number email subscribers or to improve click through rates.
Steps to add hello bar to your WordPress website
- Go to hellobar.com website. Enter your website url, where you want to add hello bar.
- On next screen select what you want to do with hello bar, here my primary goal is to collect email address of visitors. Click on Choose button under collect email addresses.
- On next screen, select what type of details you want to collect. For me it’s just email address. Then click on Next button.
- On this screen, Enter Bar text and button text and also select the colour of the Bar. Then click on Next.
- Here enter your login details for Hellobar.com, Enter your email address and password. Your hellobar account is ready.
- In this step, you will get installation steps. I’ll choose I can install code myself because I’ll place this code in template files.
- On the next screen copy the code and place it some where else, we need this when we want to add this into our website. Then click on I’ve installed Hello Bar
- Now your hellobar setup is done, next we need to copy this into our website.
Next thing is to copy this into your website, if you are using WordPress navigate to active theme directory and open footer.php file. And paste the code before closing body tag.
If you are any other CMS or just static html files, paste this code before closing body tag. Installation of hello bar is completed, you can now go to front end view hello bar. If you are logged into wordpress, you won’t be able to see hellobar because wordpress admin bar will covers hello bar. Logout of WordPress admin and check it, you can see hello bar on your website.
If you want to make any changes, just login into hellobar.com and update the hello bar text and colour. It will be updated instantly.
Without Coding also you can use Hellobar on your WordPress based website, just use this WordPress plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/hellobar/