Getting to know Drupal 7 Administrative Interface
Drupal 7 Administrative Interface, this is where any drupal user can create content, update content and configure any other options like installing modules configuring themes. Drupal has already has clean and neat Administrative user interface. In this drupal administration series you will learn every possible thing that you can do with in drupal administrative interface. Like creating content, menus, working with themes, modules and all other things.
Drupal 7 Admin Interface is an article in the series of Step by step guide to learn drupal7.
#Part 2 @ Day 8
By default Drupal 7 Admin Interface provides these categories
This is a customized dashboard, here you can add blocks or links that you are most often using. You can easily navigate to those areas by simply adding those quick links or blocks to your dashboard. In dashboard for changing locations simply drag and drop those blocks.
Here in this section, we can administer content and comments. If you want to add content or update content you can do this here, or we can delete content. By default drupal comes with two content types (i.e., article and basic page). And next is we can administer comments also, like approving posted comments, updating comments, flagging as spam comments.
Here in structure, we can administer blocks, content types, Menus, taxonomy. If you have installed views, you can administer views also from here.
- Here we can create blocks, update block’s content, assign them to regions. If you want to learn about blocks read Working with Blocks in Drupal 7.
- Content Types
- Here you can create new content types, add fields to existing content types. By default drupal comes with two content types one is article and other one is basic page. You can learn more about content types in CCK Part
- From menus, you can create menus and add links to existing menus. If you want to know more about working with menus in drupal 7 read this.
- From taxanomy, you can add vocabulary and tags. If you are interested know more about working with taxonomy in drupal 7.
- This is will be visible, if you have installed views module. For learning about views, we have complete part on views.
Here in Appearance, you can administer themes like installing, enabling, configuring and disabling themes. You can change current theme of drupal website.
- If you want to learn more about working with themes in drupal 7 read this.
Here in people, you can access all registered users data, If you have permissions you can update the data associated with users. Like updating email id or password and any other. If you are administration then you will have access to permissions. You can update permissions for any user role.
In Modules section you can administer modules like installing, enabling and disabling modules. And you can configure also.
Here you can find all drupal configuration options.
In reports, you can get all the reports about drupal, like status reports, available updates for modules, themes and also for drupal core. And log messages.
Here you can find help documentation about everything in drupal.
I hope this article helped you to familiarize drupal 7 administrative interface. To get latest news and updates follow us on twitter & facebook, subscribe to newsletter. If you have any feedback please let us know by using comment form.