Godaddy Domain Transfer
Godaddy Domain Transfer, in this article I’ll show you how to transfer domain name from other hosting to Godaddy and also from one Godaddy account to another Godaddy account. It’s an step by step guide to transfer domain name from one godaddy account to another godaddy account and next one is transferring domain name from one other provider to godaddy, Domain transfer from godaddy to other hosting provider.
Godaddy Domain Transfer to Another Account
Godaddy domain transfer to another account or Godaddy domain transfer to another person on godaddy. First of all login to Goddady control panel and navigate to Domains page, if you are on Domains page then continue these steps.
- Select the domain which you want to transfer it to another Godaddy account.
- Then from More dropdown menu, click on Begin Account Change.
- A Begin Account Change popup window will be shown to transfer domain name from one godaddy account to another godaddy account, and it’s two to three step process based on selected options.
- Enter E-mail id of another godaddy user.
- If you have godaddy customer account number or username select the checkbox “I have the recipient’s customer account #/username“, it increases one more extra layer of security to check that it transfers to same account if it matches email id and account number. Then enter godaddy account number or username in the text field.
- Next Domain’s contact information, if you want to add new contact details to domain name, then select Enter new details. If you want to apply new customer contact details to this domain then select Use details from specified customer account. If you want to user your existing contact information, then select “Do not change“.
- If you want to keep current name servers for the domain name, then click on “Keep the current nameservers for this domain(s).” under Nameserver settings.
After following these above steps, then godaddy domain transfer to another person and the other person needs to accept it. from other godaddy account follow these steps to successfully transfer domain from one account to another.
- Login to Godaddy control panel and navigate to domains.
- And from Domains drop down menu, click on Pending Account Changes link.
- On that page, click on Incoming Account Changes. Newly transferred domains will be listed here
- Select those domains, and click on accept to successfully transfer domain name.
Godaddy Domain Transfer from Another Hosting provider
If you want to transfer domain name from another hosting provider to godaddy, login to other hosting provider and navigate to domain section and unlock domain name an get authorization code for the domain you want to transfer. Then within 24 hours you will receive domain authorization code to admin email id in whois contact information.
After following above procedure, open Godaddy domain transfer tool then enter domain name and go through purchase process. After purchase you will receive an email with Transaction ID & Security code. You need to enter these details in Godaddy domains control panel.
Then login to Goddady account, then navigate to Domains section. From Domains drop down menu, click on transfers.
From the popup window click on Add Transfer Codes, again a popup window will be displyed.
In popup window, enter transaction Id and security code which you got it from Godaddy hosting control panel.
Godaddy Domain Transfer to Another Hosting provider
If you want to transfer domain name from godaddy to another hosting provider, then process will be same as above. But instead reverse it, you need to unlock it from godaddy and get authorization code and follow the procedure transferring as per other hosting provider.
If you have any problem in Godaddy Domain Transfer then let me know using comment form below, I’ll help you to resolve your problem.