How to Install Drush in Windows
How to Install Drush in Windows, Drush is a command line shell and scripting interface for Drupal. Drush allows you to download, enable, disable, uninstall, update modules/themes/profiles/translations from the command line in a very simple way. The Drush Package Manager also allows you to update all your modules and even Drupal core with just one command.
Steps to install Drush in Windows
- First of all download drush windows installer from drush.org website.
- After downloading, execute windows installer.
- It will starts the drush setup wizard, click on next.
- On Custom Setup, click on Next
- On Ready to Install Screen, click on Install.
- It will takes few minutes to install drush.
- After that it will shows installation success screen, click on finish button.
After installing drush, you can open this from desktop shortcut or from all programs in windows start menu. After that enter simple command drush you will see a screen like this below. A list of all commands in drush.
In current drush 6.0 executable file, there is a bug. If your are opening drush cmd from Windows Start Menu => All Programs. drush commands will not execute, to fix this issue follow these instructions.
- Right Click on Windows Start Menu => All Programs => Drush => Drush Command Prompt.
- From Drush Command Prompt Properties, Click on Shortcut tab.
- In the target input field, enter this below value.
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k “cd “”C:\ProgramData\Drush\”” & call ^”C:\Program Files\Drush\DrushEnv.bat^””
- After that, try once again by executing command drush in drush command prompt.
Incoming search terms:
- Intsall drush on windows