Set Default Editor For Filezilla To Edit Files On Web Server
Set default editor for filezilla to edit files on web server, File zilla is an ftp client which is used to upload and download files from web server. By using filezilla you can edit files directly from server and save them directly to server without uploading again and again.
For editing files from web server using file zilla, first you need to set up default editor. I’m using NotePad ++, It is free and light weight. It has lot of use full benefits. For simple modifications i’ll always use NotePad++.
For setting default editor in filezilla follow these steps.
- Open FileZilla and from Menu click on Edit.
- From Edit => Settings, click on Settings.
- From Settings Pop up window, left side panel click on File Editing.
- After selecting File editing, right side options will be updated.
- Under Default Editor, select Use Custom Editor. And then select executable file.
- After doing all these click on OK Button.
Now you can edit files directly and save them to web server instantly.
- For editing files, connect to your web server using filezilla ftp.
- Right click on specific file that you edit.
- From popup menu, click on View/Edit.
- After that file will be directly opened in NotePad++ editor.
- Update it and Save it.
- After saving the file, go back to FileZilla, it will ask asks for confirmation to upload files on to server.
- Click on Yes button, file will be uploaded to server.
I hope this article helped you to set up default editor for file zilla. To get latest news and updates follow us on twitter & facebook, subscribe to newsletter. If you have any feedback please let us know by using comment form.